I love hindu women dresses for celebrations and ceremonies so much, and the dance style Bollywood too. I created these earrings for a bollywood style belly dance production, but I wear them often on weekdays too. They are shiny because of the Swarovski crystals (Rivoli and Bicones), and lacy because of the structure of the little seed beads.
If you have experience in RAW technique, the beading of these earrings are easy for you.
If you don’t like big earrings, but you enjoy the lacy structure and the sparkling twinkle of this jewelry, you can make a pendant using this tutorial.
You can bead these earrings (or this pendant) in two sizes:
- one with the diameter 3.8 cm (1.49 inch) [smaller version]
- another with the diameter 4.5 cm (1.77 inch) [bigger version].
I suggest two color variations in the tutorial.
This listing is for a PDF file containing instructions for making the Bollywood Earrings and Pendant, not the earrings and pendant themselves.
The beading pattern is very detailed. Step by step with illustrations, phase photos and explanations of each step, material list, color list, and finished pictures of the earrings and pendant.
❊ ❊ ❊
Beadwork pattern for advanced bead weavers.
- 16 pages
- 26 steps
- 29 illustrations
- 72 phase photos
Material you need:
(for 1 pc earring! OR 1 pc pendant)
- Japanese Toho seed beads size 15/0 Color A – 1 g
- Japanese Toho seed beads size 15/0 Color B – 1 g
- Japanese Toho seed beads size 11/0 – 1 g
- Czech Koralex fire-polished beads size 4 mm – 28 pcs
- Swarovski bicone crystals size 3 mm – 28 pcs
- Swarovski crystal rivoli size 14 mm (type 1122) – 1 pc
- Beading needle size 12
- Nylon beading thread or fishing line (0.2 mm)
- Ear wire OR jump ring – 1 pc
❊ ❊ ❊
Join my mailing list.
Stay tuned about new art and new lessons!